If your looking for a wonderful and healthy baked snack? Try out Baked Kale Chips!
I have been dying to try out Baked Kale Chips but every time we happen to have them my husband ends up sauteing them and although they taste awesome the way he does it, I still have been wanting some baked ones.
So I found a simple and healthy baked recipe that looked good enough ( I mean look at the picture above) and went at it.
- 1 kale Bunch
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon season salt
What I Used:
- 1 bag of Kale
- Olive Oil I drizzled it
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Komodo Grill Seasoning – Vegetable
- Preheat your oven
- Get your cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper (Don’t use Wax paper sheets there is a difference Wax is toxic)
- If you buy the bunches make sure that you cut or tear the leaves from the stems. Since I used the bagged version, I took them out of the bag and tried to get all the water off. Its very important to get all the water off the leaves I missed some and it doesn’t go well.
- I put a layer of Kale on the cookie sheets as thin I could, then drizzled olive oil over them and then seasoned them. (my bag came out to about four cookie sheets worth).
- Bake until the edges are brown but not burnt. It says to put them in for 10 to 15 minutes.
Now I put my Kale in for 10 minutes and didn’t hear the timer go off (oops…) they stayed in there probably close to 20 minutes. Some of them came out wonderful but there were some that hadn’t dried well before I put them in the oven those didn’t turn out. I put them back in the oven for a bit (probably another 10 minutes) and finally gave up and pulled them out. They cooled quickly though and I was munching on them while making dinner. I am not sure at this point how well they keep but I am sure Ill probably want to finish them off before bed time. Next time I am going to try to use the bunches versus the bagged ones.
Over all I think they are still a great snack to make every now and then.