My Breast Reduction Journey : Fears and Expectations
I have been trying not to spend to much time searching the internet for images and horror stories but I can’t help it.
I know its normal to wonder whats going to happen and if I picked the right surgeon. I am still a little bit worried.
There are several things I am expecting from all of this:
- I don’t expect to have feeling in my nipple. I am pretty sure that the size that I am going from is going to be a significant change.
- Its gonna hurt for a while. I know its going to probably be at least three months or more.
- I am going to feel weird for a while. I know there is going to be an adjustment period where I will be getting used to the new size and all.
- Proper breast screenings. I have given myself heart attacks because I think I found something but it was just breast.
There are probably more things I am worried about though…
- Will the surgeon make them too small? I really don’t want to not have any breasts. Just a size that fits my body.
- What if they find something in there? The surgeon told me that they test the tissue for potential issues and I am nervous that they will find something in there I don’t want.
- What if the guy makes them un-even? or the nipples look weird? I am too much of a perfectionist I try not to think about it but I don’t want to look odd either.
I know I shouldn’t worry but, its a major surgery and I just have to hope it all goes well.